DancEssential: More than Just a Skeleton

     It's been four months since I've written anything.  I've been busy and honestly I haven't felt very inspired.  I have trained technique over and over again.  I'm focusing on numbers, counting, rhythm, and steps.  I've had ups and downs, lots of arguments, and frustration galore.  I've discovered so much, and I've lost something.

     I want to dance again.  To hear a song and move to the music.  I'm beating this rhythm into my head, but when will I let it go to my body?  I miss the nuances and spontaneity in dance. All I have are steps and numbers.  It feels empty.  I haven't filled it up  yet.


     Steps and numbers are just the baseline.  You have to dance in order to make it a performance. Focus should always be on technique with the understanding that there is so much more to do before you're dancing.  It's the back bones of your expression, but it is empty if you don't fill it up with you. 

Comments

Popular Posts